Furnace for Water Analysis
Development of a furnace for water analysis with a reactor temperature of 1200°C and a power consumption of less than 230 W
Development of a furnace for water analysis with a reactor temperature of 1200°C and a power consumption of less than 230 W.
The project aimed at optimizing the reactor heating for the digestion of water constituents of existing systems in order to increase the quality and energy efficiency of the analysis process based on thermal oxidation (high-temperature process).
This was achieved with the help of a new type of insulation and electronic furnace control with improved temporal resolution.
Since the beginning of 2018 all LAR analyzers using a 1200°C furnace as reactor are equipped and delivered with the new furnace design as standard.
The technical advantages:
- Lower energy consumption (lower operating costs)
- Longer running time (material less prone to errors)
- Lower surface temperature (relevant for the explosion-proof version)
- Mobile use e.g. in trucks possible (power supply via battery)
- Slightly improved chemical digestion potential
To ensure LAR’s technological leadership in this field, patent applications are subsequently filed in various regions of the world.
Without the support of the BMWi, the further development and patent applications on this scale would not have been economically possible.
Ms. Sina Balke